The Salvation Army cannot accomplish its mission on its own. Since the beginning we have partnered with donors and friends to expand our ability to meet human needs without discrimination. Together we offer hope and restoration to those in our community who need help the most. Last year, we assisted 73,000 individuals throughout Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia.
Here are a few ways The Salvation Army helps:
- We offer a safe space and compassionate support to young mothers and their children.
- We care for the whole person and address the most urgent needs immediately.
- We respects each individual’s dignity.
- We provide long-term solutions to return people to fulfilling lives.
- We give help to anyone who needs it without discrimination.