Angel Tree Help 

Washington, DC | Prince George’s County, Maryland

If you need help getting Christmas gifts for your family this year, then you have come to the right place. Each year, The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command assists thousands of parents in Washington, DC, and Prince George’s County, MD with providing their families a wonderful Christmas through our Angel Tree program.

In order to qualify for assistance, applicants must be in need due to an emergency financial hardship, underemployment, or unemployment. At this time only children 12 years old and under are able to receive gifts.

How to Register

Registration in WASHINGTON, DC will take place on the following days.

Tuesday, September 14 – Thursday, September 25, 2020 

Doors open at 9:00 AM; Monday – Friday

Solomon G. Brown Building (use the Morris Road Entrance)
2300 MLK Jr. Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20020


Monday, October 13 – Friday, October 30, 2020

Doors open at 9:00 AM; Monday – Friday

Sherman Avenue Corps
768 Morton Street, NW
Washington, DC 20010

Only the first 100 families will be processed each day, on a first-come-first-served basis.

Registration in PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY is on the following days:

September 28 – October 9, 2020    Monday thru Friday   Doors open at 9:00 AM

Prince George’s County Corps
4825 Edmonston Road
Hyattsville, MD 20708

Only the first 100 families will be processed each day, on a first-come-first-served basis.

Please note that only families currently residing in Prince George’s County can register for the Angel Tree Program at the Prince George’s County, MD location.


What to Bring

Please bring the following items with you to registration

  • Picture ID (DC or Maryland)
  • Birth Certificates for all children 12 years and younger
  • Proof of Household Income (income should be current within the last 30 days)
  • Proof of Residency (Current Lease or rent receipts)
  • Proof of Household expenses/bills (most current bills including rent, utilities, child support, etc.)
  • If you are not the leaseholder, you must have a notarized letter stating that you and your children live there and pay $X amount for rent. You also must have other mailed documents (proof of income, pay stub, W2, etc.) at that address.
  • If you are residing at a shelter you must have a letter from the shelter stating the percentage you pay into escrow or any other fees you are responsible for.