Angel Tree in Montgomery County (Maryland) Program Overview:
Angel Tree is a personalized holiday assistance program in which an individual sponsor or group sponsor purchases new clothing and toys for a deserving child (or “Angel”) in need.
In 2018, The Salvation Army, with the help of numerous generous sponsors, provided holiday gifts more than 6,000 families around the National Capital Area. For many of our registered children, the gifts they receive through the Angel Tree Program will be the only ones they open on Christmas morning. Your help as a sponsor is critical.
Angel Tree Sponsorship in 5 Easy Steps:
1. The Salvation Army screens each family (participation is need-based) and prepares a list of toys and clothing that each participating child wants for the holidays.
2. Individuals, companies and groups complete our online sponsorship registration form.
3. The Salvation Army staff assigns Angels to the sponsors and sends the wish lists and necessary gift packing materials to the sponsors.
4. The fun begins! Sponsors shop for their Angels.
5. Staff coordinates the collection of gifts from sponsors and the distribution to families.
Volunteer at our Gift Warehouse!
We need 40-60 volunteers per day at our gift warehouse in the month of December. Online registration will open in October of each year.
For questions regarding Angel Tree, please contact:
The Salvation Army Montgomery County Corps
Share the Joy!
Share your Angel Tree experience with us through photos and stories, and post them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! @SalArmyNCA and #AngelTreeNCA.