Angel Tree in Fairfax (Virginia) Sponsor Program Overview:
Angel Tree is a personalized holiday assistance program in which an individual sponsor or group sponsor purchases new clothing and toys for a deserving child (or “Angel”) in need.
In 2018, The Salvation Army, with the help of numerous generous sponsors, provided holiday gifts more than 6,000 families in the National Capital Area. For many of our registered children, the gifts they receive through the Angel Tree Program will be the only ones they open on Christmas morning. Your help as a sponsor is critical.
If you believe every child deserves a Merry Christmas, then please be a 2019 Angel Tree sponsor! Once you register, you will receive an Angel Tree gift tag ornament that will include the child’s first name, age, gender, clothing sizes and three gift wish items thoughtfully prepared by the child’s parents. The personalized gift wish lists ensure that we are making Christmas extra special for each of our Angels.
Angel Tree Sponsorship in 5 Easy Steps:
1. The Salvation Army screens each family (participation is need-based) and prepares a list of toys and clothing that each participating child wants for the holidays.
2. Individuals, companies and groups complete our online sponsorship registration form.
3. The Salvation Army staff assigns Angels to the sponsors and sends the wish lists and necessary gift packing materials to the sponsors.
4. The fun begins! Sponsors shop for their Angels.
5. Staff coordinates the collection of gifts from sponsors and the distribution to families.
For questions regarding Angel Tree in Fairfax, Virginia, please contact:
The Salvation Army Fairfax Corps
Share the Joy!
Share your Angel Tree experience with us through photos and stories, and post them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: SalArmyNCA, @SalArmyNCA and #AngelTreeNCA.