Getting Angel Tree Help in Montgomery County, MD
If you need help getting Christmas gifts for your family this year, then you have come to the right place. Each year, The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command assists thousands of parents in the Washington, DC Metro Area with providing their families a wonderful Christmas through our Angel Tree program.
In order to qualify for assistance, applicants must be in need due to an emergency financial hardship, underemployment, or unemployment. At this time only children 12 years old and under are able to receive gifts.
How to Register
Registration will take place on the following days. Only the first 80 families will be processed each day, on a first come first served basis.
Weekly on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
October 4, 5 and 6
October 11, 12 and 13
October 18, 19 and 20
Doors open at 9:30 a.m.
The Salvation Army Montgomery County Corps
20021 Aircraft Drive
Germantown, MD 20874
Please note that only families currently residing in Montgomery County, MD can register for the Angel Tree Program at the Montgomery County, MD location.
What to Bring
Please bring the following items with you to registration
- Picture ID (Residents living in Maryland with a state-issued driver’s license or id card)
- Birth Certificates for all children 12 years and younger
- Proof of Household Income (income should be current within the last 30 days)
- Proof of Residency (Current Lease or rent receipts)
- Proof of Household expenses/bills (most current bills including rent, utilities, child support, etc.)
- If you are not the lease holder, you must have a notarized letter stating that you and your children live there and pay $X amount for rent. You also must have other mailed documents (proof of income, pay stub, W2, etc.) at that address.
- If you are residing at a shelter you must have a letter from the shelter stating the percentage you pay into escrow or any other fees you are responsible for.
Pick up information for Montgomery County Angel Tree
Please check back here after December 1, 2017 to get additional information about Angel Tree Distribution in Montgomery County, MD.
For additional information not found on this page, please call The Salvation Army Montgomery County Corps at 301-515-5354.