Getting Angel Tree Help in Fairfax County, VA
If you need help getting Christmas gifts for your family this year, then you have come to the right place. Each year, The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command assists thousands of parents in Washington, DC Metro Area with providing their families a wonderful Christmas through our Angel Tree program.
In order to qualify for assistance, applicants must be in need due to an emergency financial hardship, underemployment, or unemployment. At this time only children 12 years old and under are able to receive gifts.
How to Register
October 2 – 6, 2017
October 2 EVENING HOURS ONLY 1-9 p.m.
The first 150 eligible families will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
October 3 – 6, 2017 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. AND 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The first 75 eligible families will be processed per session on a first come, first served basis.
The Salvation Army Fairfax
4915 Ox Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
Please note that only families currently residing in Fairfax County, VA can register for the Angel Tree Program at the Fairfax, VA location.
What to Bring
Please bring the following items with you to registration
- Picture ID (Virginia Residents only)
- Birth Certificates for all children 12 years and younger
- Proof of Household Income (income should be current within the last 30 days)
- Proof of Residency (Current Lease or rent receipts)
- Proof of Household expenses/bills (most current bills including rent, utilities, child support, etc.)
- If you are not the lease holder, you must have a notarized letter stating that you and your children live there and pay $X amount for rent. You also must have other mailed documents (proof of income, pay stub, W2, etc.) at that address.
- If you are residing at a shelter you must have a letter from the shelter stating the percentage you pay into escrow or any other fees you are responsible for.
Please check back here after December 1, 2017 to get additional information about Angel Tree Distribution in Fairfax, VA.