Angel Tree Help in Washington, DC

If you need help getting Christmas gifts for your family this year, then you have come to the right place.  Each year, The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command assists thousands of parents in Washington, DC Metro Area with providing their families a wonderful Christmas through our Angel Tree program.

In order to qualify for assistance, applicants must be in need due to an emergency financial hardship, underemployment, or unemployment.  At this time only children 12 years old and under are able to receive gifts.

How to Register

Registration will take place on the following days.  Only the first 100 families will be processed each day, on a first come first served basis.

Wednesday, September 6 – Friday, September 22, 2017

Solomon G. Brown Building (use the Morris Road Entrance)
2300 MLK Jr. Ave., SE
Doors open at 9:00 AM; Monday – Friday

Tuesday, September 26 – Friday, October 13, 2017

Sherman Avenue Corps
768 Morton Street, NW
Doors open at 9:00 AM; Monday – Friday

Please note that only families currently residing in Washington, DC can register for the Angel Tree Program at the Washington, DC locations.

What to Bring

Please bring the following items with you to registration:

  • Picture ID (District Residents only)
  • Birth Certificates for all children 12 years and younger
  • Proof of Household Income (income should be current within the last 30 days)
  • Proof of Residency (Current Lease or rent receipts)
  • Proof of Household expenses/bills (most current bills including rent, utilities, child support, etc.)
  • If you are not the lease holder, you must have a notarized letter stating that you and your children live there and pay $X amount for rent. You also must have other mailed documents (proof of income, pay stub, W2, etc.) at that address.
  • If you are residing at a shelter you must have a letter from the shelter stating the percentage you pay into escrow or any other fees you are responsible for.


Please check back here after December 1, 2017 to get additional information about Angel Tree Distribution.


For additional information not found on this page, please call The Salvation Army Social Services Office at 202-332-5000.