Getting Angel Tree Help in Arlington, VA
FAMILIES LIVING IN ARLINGTON, VA AND SEEKING ANGEL TREE ASSISTANTCE, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
If you need help getting Christmas gifts for your family this year, then you have come to the right place. Each year, The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command assists thousands of parents in Washington, DC Metro Area with providing their families a wonderful Christmas through our Angel Tree program.
In order to qualify for assistance, applicants must be in need due to an emergency financial hardship, underemployment, or unemployment. At this time only children 12 years old and under are able to receive gifts.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration will take place on the following days:
Friday, October 4, 2019 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 5, 2019 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Monday – Thursday, October 7 – 10, 2019 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday, October 11, 2019 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Only the first 80 families will be processed each day, on a first come first served basis.
The Salvation Army Arlington
518 S. Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22204
Please note that only families currently residing in Arlington, VA can register for the Angel Tree Program at the Arlington, VA location.
What to Bring
Please bring the following items with you to registration
- Picture ID (Arlington, VA Residents only) Residents in zipcode 22041 will be assisted by The Salvation Army Fairfax Corps
- Birth Certificates for all children 12 years and younger
- Proof of Household Income (income should be current within the last 30 days)
- Proof of Residency (Current Lease or rent receipts)
- Proof of Household expenses/bills (most current bills including rent, utilities, child support, etc.)
- If you are not the lease holder, you must have a notarized letter stating that you and your children live there and pay $X amount for rent. You also must have other mailed documents (proof of income, pay stub, W2, etc.) at that address.
- If you are residing at a shelter you must have a letter from the shelter stating the percentage you pay into escrow or any other fees you are responsible for.
Pick up information for Arlington Angel Tree
For pick up information please check back after December 2, 2019.
For additional information not found on this page, please call The Salvation Army Arlington Corps at 703-979-3380.