Getting Angel Tree Help in Alexandria, VA
If you need help getting Christmas gifts for your family this year, then you have come to the right place. Each year, The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command assists thousands of parents in Washington, DC Metro Area with providing their families a wonderful Christmas through our Angel Tree program.
In order to qualify for assistance, applicants must be in need due to an emergency financial hardship, underemployment, or unemployment. At this time only children 12 years old and under are able to receive gifts.
How to Register
Registration will take place on the following days:
Tuesday-Friday, October 23-26, 2018 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
The first 100 eligible families will be processed each day on a first come, first served basis.
The Salvation Army Alexandria
1804 Mt. Vernon Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22301
Please note that only families currently residing in Alexandria, VA can register for the Angel Tree Program at the Alexandria, VA location.
What to Bring
Please bring the following items with you to registration
- Picture ID (Alexandria, Ft. Belvoir, or Lorton, VA Residents only)
- Birth Certificates for all children 12 years and younger
- Proof of Household Income (income should be current within the last 30 days)
- Proof of Residency (Current Lease or rent receipts)
- Proof of Household expenses/bills (most current bills including rent, utilities, child support, etc.)
- If you are not the lease holder, you must have a notarized letter stating that you and your children live there and pay $X amount for rent. You also must have other mailed documents (proof of income, pay stub, W2, etc.) at that address.
- If you are residing at a shelter you must have a letter from the shelter stating the percentage you pay into escrow or any other fees you are responsible for.
Pick up information for Angel Tree in Alexandria
For pick up information please check back after December 3, 2018.
For additional information not found on this page, please call The Salvation Army Alexandria at 703-836-2427.