Angel Tree is a personalized holiday assistance program in which an individual sponsor or group sponsor purchases new clothing and toys for a deserving child (or “Angel”) in need. Below is information on sponsoring a child or children in Washington, DC and Prince George’s County.
In 2017, The Salvation Army, with the help of numerous generous sponsors, provided holiday gifts more than 6,000 families in the National Capital Area. For many of our registered children, the gifts they receive through the Angel Tree Program will be the only ones they open on Christmas morning. Your help as a sponsor is critical.
1. The Salvation Army screens each family (participation is need-based) and prepares a list of toys and clothing that each participating child wants for the holidays.
2. Individuals, companies and groups complete our online sponsorship registration form.
3. The Salvation Army staff assigns Angels to the sponsors and sends the wish lists and necessary gift packing materials to the sponsors.
4. The fun begins! Sponsors shop for their Angels.
5. Staff coordinates the collection of gifts from sponsors and the distribution to families.