The Salvation Army at Alexandria Citadel Corps is helping people meet their basic needs – and turn their lives around.
Year-round support is available for people in crisis. At the core of it all is the commitment to meeting the spiritual needs of the community, through weekly church services and Bible study, which is open to everyone.
Skilled music teachers volunteer their time to tutor school-aged students in brass banding and music theory. Each semester ends with a recital so students can share their talent with the community.
- Social Services Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4:30 pm
- Youth Character Building on Thursdays at 6:30 pm
- Youth Music Programs on Thursdays at 5 pm (pre-registration required)
- Praise Band, Senior Band, and Songsters on Thursdays at 6:30 pm, 7 pm and 8 pm
Spiritual Care and Worship
- Sunday School on Sundays at 9:45 am
- Worship Service on Sundays at 11 am
- Bible & Bistro on Wednesdays at 6 pm
- Home League Women’s Ministry on Thursdays at Noon including lunch
- Summer Camp Registration
- Christmas Assistance
ALEXANDRIA WOMEN’S AUXILIARY
NEW MEMBERS WELCOME. The Women’s Auxiliary is a volunteer service and fundraising group that seeks to support The Salvation Army in its mission of spiritual and social services to all. Annually the Women’s Auxiliary hosts events including the BBQ Dinner in cooperation with Rockland Real BBQ, the Spring Fashion Show and sells White House Ornaments at Christmas to raise money for a variety of The Salvation Army’s programs.
Alexandria Citadel Corps has a very active Women’s Auxiliary looking for new members who may be interested in attending on a project-to-project basis, building friendships, and making a genuine difference for individuals in the greater Alexandria region.
These women volunteer during the Angel Tree program, host pantry food drives, prepare Easter baskets and sponsor the meals for youth on Thursday nights, exceeding 2,000 meals per year.
If you have questions or would like more information about the Women’s Auxiliary, please contact the corps office. The Auxiliary meets on the third Tuesday of each month at the 1804 Mt Vernon location.