Here’s what we know already about Hurricane Florence:
- Florence is expected to rapidly intensify to a major hurricane (cat. 3 or 4) as it nears the U.S. East coast.
- Landfall is likely to occur along the NC/SC border.
- Storm force winds could begin impacting the NC/SC coast as early as Wednesday evening.
- Growing concern that the storm will not exit the area quickly bringing five days of rain (and lots of flooding) to the region (NC/SC/VA). This could impact residents living across the mid-Atlantic region.
- This has the potential to be a catastrophic disaster event, parallels being Hurricanes Hugo and Floyd.
- The Salvation Army is already mobilizing teams and equipment to affected areas later this week.